Monday, June 4, 2007

Activity 12

My daughter and I had this big discussion (disagreement) about how to pronounce Rollyo. Is it Roll-Yo or Roll-E-O? However you say it, linking all of your favorite search places together is pretty cool. I love to do Sudoku so I linked my favorite sites together under a Searchroll titled Do U Sudoku. I have followed the directions to link it to my blog but I can't seem to find the secret. I began a quest to find blogs that were successful in linking their Rollyo and I found that PageSpace did it! So I left a comment and asked for a little more info.

Libladylib on Our library moves forward figured out how to put her name in lights. How cool is that! I am going try and to do it too!!

6 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Have you thought about adding a subtitle to your blog? Or a famous or fun literary line? Enjoy!

Libladylib said...

You are so funny. Did you get any replies on the correct pronunciation of Rollyo? I'd love to hear the response. I tried to go back to the avatar and change the color of her wings, but I guess I need to concentrate to do it. Not this week with textbook collection.
So where is your name in lights??

librarymum said...

I'd like to hear what the pronunciation of Rollyo is too. Nothing makes us look and sound more lame with the students than to mispronounce something they all take for granted. I still can't get past trying to pronounce del.icio.us as if it's an Italian word like antipasto! I'll go check your question about adding Rollyo to my blog. More later.

librarymum said...

Hi again,

I copied the directions for putting Rollyo on a site and put them under your comment on my blog on week 5, thing #12. I hope it works for you.

librarymum said...

I decided to copy to Rollyo instructions here too.

You go to Rollyo and log on, then choose "Tools" and "Put a Rollyo on your site". Page opens with 3 sections, choose the Rollyo you want to put on your site or blog from the left column, click on the arrow to add to the Searchbox rolls in the center column, choose the color there, then copy the code from the 3rd. column when it appears.

Go back to your blog, choose "Customize" at the top right corner, then select "Add a page element". I chose "HTML/Java", put it where I wanted it on the page, added a title and pasted the code into the text area and saved. It worked.

BalerLibrary2 said...

Personally, I prefer "roll-yo" as opposed to "roll-ee-o." You are making great progress on the activities. Keep up the good work!
-Doug Achterman (School Library Learning 2.0 team).