Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week 6 Activity #15

Where do you fit in Library 2.0 in a 30 minute library visit once a week? I began reading the perspectives from the beginning of the list. There are still so many terms that go along with this whole 2.0 thing that I do not know, that I began to get frustrated. Then I read A ripple effect.

Working at an elementary school with a budget of $580 does not give me much to work with when it comes to technology. A ripple effect gave great ideas for small libraries to succeed.
Have a plan and concentrate on one thing at a time. Promote your services. Ok, I have books and a website. My plan this school year will to be to work on our library website and promote what services we do have to offer so that the faculty and students become more aware. Empowering my patrons will empower my library.

Besides PTA and state funds, what other ways do libraries get funds? What grants are out there? How do you find them?

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Given CSLA has had so many conferences in Ontario, there should be a lot of members who can give good recommendations for the 2007 conference. Hope they do so!

Wiki Wiki (hurry, hurry) to Activity 16: playing in a wiki sandbox.

Enjoy :)