Saturday, July 28, 2007

Week 9 Activity #21

Podcasts.....heard about them, had no idea what they truly were. The tutorial on Yahoo Podcasts was a great introduction. A discussion with my teenage children was also a great introduction. We went round and round about the who, what, when, where and why's of Podcasts.
We discussed itunes, which is the most popular in their world, and then I showed them Yahoo! Podcasts and Podcasts.net. It was great pulling them into my world and chattin about the different ways of doing things.
I searched and explored and I listened, but I did not subscribe to anything. Once I have completed all 23 things, I will do some more exploring.

2 comments:

Libladylib said...

I like the pranster video you found. There are some great youtubes out there. It would be fun to put out a podcast on book reviews with some students or a group of teachers.

Liz Dodds said...

Podcasts (and vodcasts) have so many possibilities. I have thought of trying to do book reviews on a podcast regularly, especially having the students provide the voice.